this info sheet is a summary of our Osma Acres Farm CSA operations for the current year Harvest season.
I am sure you will enjoy our farm fresh produce and berries this year.
You will find you pay less (5%-10%) for our farm fresh produce as compared to the local grocery markets.
Our operation is fairly easy to understand.
1. Members pay a deposit (Normally In March) to Osma Acres Farm for produce items they will purchase during the harvest season.
2. Osma Acres Farm CSA will utilize the member deposits to plant, cultivate and harvest the produce (May-November). A planned planting list is sent out to Members in March; it will list the various vegetables we will plant in mid April. We use no herbicides, insecticides or genetically engineered seeds or plants.
3. Osma Acres Farm CSA sends a weekly email to members as each produce item becomes available; the weekly produce list includes the prices and order units for each available item. Produce may also be ordered using our Online Produce Order Form; which is on this web site at the Fresh Produce Order Form link on the Home Page.
4. Members indicate the produce items and quantities they want and return the produce order list to Osma Acres Farm CSA via eMail or subit it from this website.
5. Members may pick up their order at the Osma Acres Farm or at a pickup location published by Osma Acres Farm CSA; this year we will have one pickup point each week; Shopko Parking lot Sat 11AM-12 Noon. We park at the end of the Shopko lot near the Shell gas station.
6. Members may participate in activities at the farm; Osma Acres Farm CSA publishes periodic newsletters for members which lists the upcoming activities at the farm. Activities involve planting, weeding and such; members receive $5 in produce purchase credits for each hour of farm labor.
7. Members may purchase more or less than their Membership deposit during a given year. Any unused deposit will carry forward to the following harvest year. Members pay weekly for purchases after they have utilized the initial Membership deposit. We accept Bridge/food stamp cards, credit cards, Senior Fresh Produce coupons and WIC Fresh Produce coupons.
I look forward to seeing each of you this year at our farm Co-op, the Osma Acres Farm CSA.
Manager, Osma Acres Farmers Market & CSA
906-493-0586 or 906-281-4949
Osma Acres Farm CSA Operations
1. From M26 West, turn right on Houghton Canal Rd
2. Proceed on Houghton Canal Road through Oskar for approximately 2 miles to Osma Road / Osma Plat Rd.
3. Turn Right on Osma Rd for about 100 yards; there will be 3 white mailboxes on the right at Osma Acres Rd.
4. Turn right on Osma Acres Rd; Osma Acres Farm is the first house on the left.
It is about 5.5 miles from M26 and Houghton Canal Rd to Osma Acres Farm CSA
Osma Acres Farm planted 300 Tomato Plants & 100 Eggplants in our greenhouse on 16 April. On 26 May 2015 The Tomatoes were 2 feet tall and full of blooms; see our Power Point Presentation.
We will continue offering $3 of FREE TOMATOES for each NEW email address we receive; we want to introduce the community to our farm and our new green house operations. Please continue to inform your friends and acquaintances that we will continue this offer until 15 July.
We will email notify all respondents when the tomatoes are ready and when we will be delivering them at the ShopKo parking lot. Email requests to email@example.com
We anticipate RIPE TOMATOES, FRESH GREEN BEANS & CUCUMBERS by late June.
We will have 2-3 plantings/Crops of various vegetables each year in the Hoop House between Apr-Nov with winter crops planted in Nov. The Blue underlined entries have links to online presentations & the others are for later in the year.